As Independent financial adviser we believe in being very transparent and up front about our charges. We are more than happy to have a no obligational conversation about how we can help you. This would be with our client manager and thereafter our adviser. We will send you our client agreement and about our services, which you can also download here.
After these initial conversations, we will start the advice process and at the point of producing your final advice report we will issue an invoice for the advice given. The fee can be payable from personal money or your actual investment/pension funds. This fee is a flat fee, if below £500,000 investment/pension, above this amount will be agreed upfront.
The charge on production of the advice/report is called non contingent charging. We do not charge for implementing that advice, if you wish to proceed with it. The reason we do it like this, is because we are independent and therefore offering bespoke and impartial advice. We will provide a detail review of any existing policies and if they should remain with the existing provider, moving of those funds is not relevant to the advice we give.
We do not receive commission from Investment and Pension companies for any policies we arrange with them. For Non-Investment Protection and General Insurance, we have the option of receiving commission from insurance companies. For mortgage advice we charge £275 on application and £275 on offer.
INVESTMENT AND PENSION ADVICE BANDINGS
- Newbie offer: £495 per new plan set up with £30,000 or less with monthly or without monthly contributions.
- Up to £120,000 flat fee £1,800 excluding VAT (including 1 pensions/investment reviews) £175 extra per extra pension/investment the value of which is included in this banding.
- £120,000 to £200,000 flat fee £2,500 excluding VAT (including 1 pensions/investment reviews) £175 extra per extra pension/investment the value of which is included in this banding.
- £200,000 to £350,000 flat fee £4,125 excluding VAT (including 1 pensions/investment reviews) £175 extra per extra pension/investment the value of which is included in this banding.
- £350,000 to £500,000 flat fee £5,250 excluding VAT (including 1 pensions/investment reviews) £175 extra per extra pension/investment the value of which Is included in this banding.
- above £500,000 1% of the level of investment by discussion (including 1 pensions/investment reviews) and agreement, excluding VAT £175 extra per extra pension/investment the value of which is included in this banding.
For example if the value of your portfolio and any new investment is £750,000 with four pensions/investments, the fee due to us would be £7,500 (exc. VAT)
What’s the process and what do we cover?
- Initial meeting and completion of a full fact find, looking at current assets and liabilities, and incomes and expenditures, as well as expected changes in the future
- Discuss what your aims and plans are for the future
- Discuss your Attitude to Investment Risk and your Capacity for Loss
- Conduct a detailed analysis of all your existing policies
- Create a cashflow scenario report of your current situation – this will determine whether you have enough money to survive now and in retirement
- We will write you a suitability report making our recommendation
Ongoing Annual Review Service
Clients can opt to have an ongoing service. We carry out the following for the client and meet with them at least once a year;
- Review Attitude to risk
- Capacity for loss for each investment/pension
- Update and review any client information
- Provided Annual statements
- Asset allocation explained
- Investment solution explained and reviewed
- Investment strategy explained and reviewed
- Performance report along with provider statements, fund fact sheets with explanations
- Online access for portfolio valuations
- Ad hoc questions or queries – available on email and on the phone when necessary
- Final Suitability of Investment report produced
We charge 0.50% based on the level of investment/pensions, this is subject to a minimum of £250 per client per year, and this is charged on a monthly basis at the rate of 1/12th of 0.5% per month.
For example, if your portfolio was worth an average of £45,000 over a 12-month period, the average monthly charge would be £250 / 12 = £20.83 per month. As 0.50% of £45,000 is less than the minimum £250 annual charge, the minimum charge applies.
If your portfolio was worth an average of £100,000 over a 12- month period, the average monthly charge would be £500 / 12 = £41.66 per month.
Under current legislation our services are not subject to VAT, but should this change in the future, and where VAT becomes due, we will notify you before conducting any further work.
Depending on the services we provide, there may be costs and charges (including taxes), not charged by us, but related to the financial products we arrange for you. These charges may be one-off charges (payable up front) or charges payable on an ongoing basis. For example:
- Service costs: If your investments are held on a platform (an online investment administration service) or held with a DFM, the platform provider / DFM will make a charge for administering / managing your investments
- Investment costs: These are the costs relating to the manufacturing and managing of your investments – for example, fees charged by the investment fund manager costs relating to investment transactions
- We’ll always disclose any third- party costs as part of making our recommendations